Carnie Wilson's Lemon Curd Thumbprint Cookies
I’m always looking for cookie recipes using my favorite flavors, and lemon will always be at very top of my list!
I love thumbprint cookies and one day I had some extra lemon curd. I decided to make a really light, delicate sugar cookie and fill the center with curd!
The result was a delicate lemony cookie that’s seriously addictive. Enjoy!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon oil, or zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 4 drops of yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup lemon curd (jar or made from scratch)
- 1/4 cup powered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix dry ingredients (except powdered sugar in a medium bowl.
- Mix sugar and butter in a mixing bow. until light and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs, extracts and oil or zest in to the sugar and butter mixture.
- Mix dry ingredients in to your wet ingredients. Continue mixing until a soft dough is formed and refrigerate for 15 - 30 minutes.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out some cookie dough and then round the dough in to a ball. Roll it in powdered sugar and set on the cookie sheet. Continue balling dough and placing on cookie sheet 2inches apart until full.
- Press a knuckle in the center of each ball to make spot to hold your lemon curd.
- Fill each cookie with 1/2 tsp of curd.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.